To register your child (up to 21 years old) and family with Deaf Children NZ, please complete the form below.
The benefits of becoming a member:
Family Information Kit
- We will send you a Family Information Kit with books and resources appropriate to your child's age so please make sure you fill in your child's date of birth.
- We will post the Family Information Kit to you at your home or postal address.
- We know that parent support is key for parents of a newly identified child, so please consider joining your local Regional Parent Group by selecting the tick box at the end of the form.
- If you do wish to become a member of your local Parent Group, a member will contact you directly to invite you to join.
- If you do not permit us to forward your details to your local Parent Group, please untick the box at the end of the form.
- We send out newsletters that keep you informed of activities, events and news from the Deaf sector (Ministry of Education, Deaf Education Centres, Ministry of Health, Deaf Aotearoa etc).
- In 2017 newsletters will only be sent via email and will be made available to read on this website, so please make sure you enter your email address in the Registration form.
- If you do not have internet access, an email address or for other reasons require a printed version; please tell us so we can arrange to print and post you a copy of upcoming newsletters.
We collect statistical information about our members, such as ethnicity and hearing loss indentification, so that we can apply for funding and grants to help us carry on the work we do. Information is important in being able to tell your story, as part of the collective stories of Deaf and hard of hearing children in New Zealand Aotearoa.