Deaf Children NZ (DCNZ) can provide financial assistance for our members in a number of different ways.
Please note: to be eligible to apply for financial assistance, families must be either:
- A member of DCNZ; or
- A financial member of a Full Member (a Regional Parent Group).
Tutor Fees Subsidy
DCNZ can provide assistance to subsidise to cost of:
- engaging a private tutor for students studying towards NCEA
- engaging a private Speech-Language Therapist (SLT)
- NZ Sign Language classes (private tutor or Parent Group led courses) for the whole family
Often technology makes life for deaf and hearing impaired children a little easier. DCNZ can assist with a small grant towards a device, such as a vibrating alarm clock, flashing fire alarm, cell phone, etc.
Advanced Learning Scholarships
The John and Betty Rose Scholarship is for post-secondary students looking to study at a Tertiary centre in New Zealand. DCNZ grants two scholarships per year of $1,000 towards Tertiary fees.
- Go to the Advanced Learning Scholarship Form
Each year DCNZ recognises the top achievers throughout New Zealand with awards from Year 9 to Year 13.
The winners receive DCNZ trophies to keep for the year, along with medals and a cheque for them to keep. The awards take into account the effort of the applicants, their achievements, and their attitude.
- Years 1 – 8 The Deaf Children New Zealand Medal
- The Year 9 Bensley Cup (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 10 Zis Lurajud Cup (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 11 Makere Mason Trophy (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 12 Margaret Cooper Trophy (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 13 Devine Family Cup (Certificate & $250)
- The Norma Taylor Memorial Trophy (Certificate & $500)
- Go to the Excellence Award Application Form
Grants | Individual or Parent Group
DCNZ is able to provide grants to assist individuals or Parent Groups with things not covered in our other assistance, such as competitions or events.
- Go to the Grant Application (Individual) Form
- Go to the Grant Application (Group) Form
We post opening and closing dates for funding on our Facebook page so please Like and Follow us to keep informed.