Deaf Children NZ (DCNZ) can provide financial assistance for our members in a number of different ways.
Please note: to be eligible to apply for financial assistance, families must be either:
- A member of DCNZ; or
- A financial member of a Full Member (a Regional Parent Group).
NEW FUND 2019/2020
NZ Sign Language Learning Subsidy Fund
DCNZ can now provide funding to Regional Parent Groups and individual families to support learning New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) at home.
To find out the process, and how to apply for your $400 per term/quarter subsidy, go to our NZSL Learning Subsidy Fund page >
Tutor Fees Subsidy
DCNZ can provide assistance to subsidise to cost of:
- engaging a private tutor for students studying towards NCEA
- engaging a private Speech-Language Therapist (SLT)
Often technology makes life for deaf and hearing impaired children a little easier. DCNZ can assist with a small grant towards a device, such as a vibrating alarm clock, flashing fire alarm, cell phone, etc.
Advanced Learning Scholarships
The John and Betty Rose Scholarship is for post-secondary students looking to study at a Tertiary centre in New Zealand. DCNZ grants two scholarships per year of $1,000 towards Tertiary fees.
- Go to the Advanced Learning Scholarship Form
Each year DCNZ recognises the top achievers throughout New Zealand with awards from Year 9 to Year 13.
The winners receive DCNZ trophies to keep for the year, along with medals and a cheque for them to keep. The awards take into account the effort of the applicants, their achievements, and their attitude.
- Years 1 – 8 The Deaf Children New Zealand Medal
- The Year 9 Bensley Cup (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 10 Zis Lurajud Cup (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 11 Makere Mason Trophy (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 12 Margaret Cooper Trophy (Certificate & $100)
- The Year 13 Devine Family Cup (Certificate & $250)
- The Norma Taylor Memorial Trophy (Certificate & $500)
- Go to the Excellence Award Application Form
Grants | Individual or Parent Group
DCNZ is able to provide grants to assist individuals or Parent Groups with things not covered in our other assistance, such as competitions or events.
- Go to the Grant Application (Individual) Form
- Go to the Grant Application (Group) Form
We post opening and closing dates for funding on our Facebook page so please Like and Follow us to keep informed.